MSc in Creative Technology
Leeds Metropolitan University
2004 – 2005
MMus in Music Technology
University of Leeds
2003 – 2004
BA in Sound Design
Beijing Broadcasting Institute
1999 – 2003
Photoshop, Fireworks, illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, Coda, Director, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Soundtrack Pro, Audition, Ableton Live, Cubase.
HTML, CSS(2/3), PHP(basic), ActionScript(basic)
WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Moodle, Mahara, OpenCart, Zen Cart
jQuery, Django (basic), Smarty (basic)
Director / Web Designer / Front-end Developer ( Aug 2010 to present )
- Successfully completed various client website projects from design, development to delivery.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Run a popular blog on the subject of E-learning.
Web Designer ( Aug 2010 to Aug 2011 )
Maplecroft, Bath, UK
- Designed a new UI for company’s mapping system, collaborated closely with back-end developers and project managers through wireframing, interactive prototypes, to completion.
- Redesigned dashboard section to provide better user experience.
- Re-organized and optimized the CSS files throughout the site to reflect CSS best practice and reduce page loading times.
- Responsible for the branding of company's web application into various clients' specific branding. Designed email newsletters.
- Experienced in working with Django templates and using version control from the CLI.
Web Author ( Feb 2008 to Aug 2010 )
South Gloucestershire Council, UK
- Independently designed and hand-coded a new secondary school & college website (www.downend.com) from scratch using standards-compliant XHTML, CSS and jQuery.
- Introduced and implemented the Moodle CMS as the Virtual Learning Platform. Designed unique Moodle theme to reflect the school identity. (moodle.downend.com)
- Solely responsible for website and online learning related digital media productions. Worked closely with the teaching staff to produce various multimedia learning resources, such as Flash-based interactive learning activities and language audio podcasts for delivering online. Produced a web video to promote school’s film club, and was responsible for camera operation, audio recording and post-production.
- Produced promotional brochures and posters for the school.
Sound Recordist ( Volunteer work: Feb 2008 )
Pixillion Films, Bristol, UK
- Responsible for the location sound recording and audio post-production for the short film “The Call”.
Sound Designer ( Jan 2007 to Aug 2007 )
Touchmedia, Shanghai, China
- Designed and produced background sound effects and music for various interactive adverts for delivering on the Kiosks systems in city Taxis. Cooperated with Flash Programmers to integrate sound into Flash applications and optimize the sound for touchscreen systems.
- Edited TV ads and movie trailers provided by clients to a certain length to play on the system.